Sunday, August 23, 2009

Conversation Ruiners


  1. Religion.
  2. Politics.
  3. War.
  4. Talk of Wills and Last Testaments.
  5. Self-deprecating humility.
  6. Bringing up how long the conversation has been going.
  7. Saying something, then saying, “Nevermind.”
  8. Commenting on appearances.
  9. Asking, “What are you thinking?”
  10. Asking, “What are you doing?”
  11. Asking, “What is going on between us?”
  12. Secrets.
  13. The number 13.
  14. Unknown favors, for example: “Will you do me a favor?”
  15. Silence (unless you’re with the right people).

  16. Gossip.
  17. Proselytizing.
  18. Yelling.
  19. “So-and-so died.”
  20. “I’m pregnant.”
  21. “I’ve got cancer/AIDS/herpes/nanobots.”
  22. “I’m George Dubbya Bush.”
  23. “Bring in the clowns.”
  24. Prejudice or any “-ism.”
  25. Assholes (literally and figuratively).
  26. Talking like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh.
  27. Apologizing during sex.
  28. Talking about sex with dolls. This includes talking to dolls about sex or talking about having sex with dolls.
  29. Stupidity or ignorance (refer to #12, #19, #21, #23, #26…fuck it, the whole list).

Don’t be a ruiner.

No comments:

Post a Comment